Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I've Been Tagged!

Tagged by my lovely daughter, Lauren, that is.

So what does that mean? Well, it means you have to look at the pictures on your computer and choose the fourth album (folder in my case) and then choose the fourth picture in that album, and then post it on your blog.

Well, that particular album/folder of mine only had three pictures in it! So . . . here is the third picture in my fourth album. Ha!




This is a picture of a quilt I made in 2000 and 2001 for the baby we were expecting. With the quilt only half way finished, the sad news came that the baby had died and would have to be born stillborn. He was a little boy. He was born on January 17, 2001.

Kind-of weird that this Saturday will be the anniversary of his birth and this is the picture that came up.

Anyway, I decided to finish the quilt shortly after he was born. Something inside compelled me to do so. I am so glad I did. It is now a comforting reminder of a hard time.

Thanks Lauren. I never would have posted this photo, but now we have record of why I made this quilt.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Roundy's said...

Mom, I am glad that you did this! That is a very special memory and really coincidental that January 17 is this Saturday. :) I love you mom and am so grateful for all that you do for us kids!
Love,
Lauren

Jenny said...

That is awesome Edee. It was such a sad time. I remember when you called and told me. I am so glad Marg got here safe and sound..what a miracle....you are a miracle too! I love you guys!

connie said...

such a sweet sad story. I always think that it will be easy to spot your family in heaven. Youll be the party with lots of kids I never got to know. :)

Kenr said...

Thank you for sharing this Edee! I am sorry that I don't remember this, but I am happy that it has been recorded now for our family history. Thank you for taking the time to write it!
I love you,
Kenr