Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring Cleaning and a New Toaster

Someone once told me that if you are getting sick and tired of your house, just "deep clean" it and you will like it again.

And you know what? It's really true!

My fifteen year old stove and oven may not look cute, but they are clean and it feels REALLY good!

I also bought a toaster for the first time in my life yesterday (you can see a little corner of it in the photo above). Can you believe I am 44 and I have never bought a toaster? We received a toaster for our wedding and used it for the first 10 years or so. When my Mom passed away, I inherited her toaster, and we have used that since 1996. It still works, but it "leaks" bread crumbs all over the place and I just couldn't take it anymore. I know there are alot more serious things going on in the world right now, but believe it or not, those little crumbs were about to push me over the edge.

Did you know the price of a toaster can range from $9.99 all the way to over $300.00????? I had no idea. We bought the $24.99 model at Walmart. Our cabin has a toaster like this and last summer I noticed there were no stray bread crumbs. I fell in love immediately and vowed to buy one someday. Yesterday was the day. I hope it doesn't disappoint and will be able to keep those crumbs under control!

I also have a new best friend. This awful looking toothbrush! Don't worry, no one uses it in their mouth, but it can clean any nook and cranny and make anything look new again. Love it!




Well, I didn't quite realize how boring my life really is until I re-read what I just wrote. Don't worry, though. This afternoon we have eye appointments scheduled for the whole family. Now THAT'S something exciting to look forward to. :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Roundy's said...

Wow Mom! I am so proud of you and your new toaster. It looks so cute! :) I agree with you when you say that cleaning can make you fall in love with your house all over again. It is so refreshing!

And thanks for commenting on my last post! :) hahahah!!! And thanks for the story about your doctor. Way funny. :)