Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring

Two days ago this is what our lovely Thundering Plum tree looked like. The beautiful blossoms were just starting to open and it was a beautiful sight and a sure sign of spring. The skies were cloudy but the grass was turning green and the air was warm.


Today we woke up and this is how our lovely tree looked. Not so lovely. Quite pitiful actually. We hope is survives.


The poor branches are almost touching the ground and before the snow we could walk under the branches quite easily.


The good thing? It is sunny outside and the snow on the branches are starting to melt. I think it will recover, but there is one big limb that is broken and hanging by a thread. We will give it the TLC it needs.

I love to see this tree out our bedroom window as it blooms pink blossoms in the spring and the leaves turn a dark purple in the summer. It has lived through a 100 mph wind storm back in 1995 when it was just a baby AND being transplanted from the front yard to the back yard. I love how it is strong and survives. It is a great lesson for all of us.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Roundy's said...

Wow, that tree has been through a lot! As I read your blog I felt it pull a sentimental heart string. You can't let that tree die!!! P.S. the drive home last night was the scariest drive home ever! We were praying the whole way. :)