Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Alright. I Admit It.

Sometimes I can be a bit neurotic. If something doesn't quite work for me or feel right, I can't rest until it is fixed so it does work for me.

For example, our Photo-a-Day album. If you remember back in March I posted pictures on how I was putting the album together. But I wasn't really thrilled with it. It was too fussy and too much work. I had to combine two photos into one slot. I hated it and wanted to quit. I needed something where I could just drop the pictures in a photo sleeve and call it good.

Here is what I came up with.

On the left hand side is a sheet protector from Pebbles in my Pocket with six 4 x 6 photos slots. On the right is a 6 x 12 sheet protector from American Crafts. I just attached the seventh photo onto a 6 x 12 piece of cardstock, typed out the description for each photo, and a week's worth of photos is done.


When you turn the page you start a whole new week. This time the first photo of the week is on the "skinny" page and the other six days are in the larger sheet protector. Make sense? I hope so.

Like Lauren always says, "easy, peasy, lemon, squeezy".

I love this new album. It works for me. Add a flower or some ribbon here and there and you have a really simple yet cute album for your 365 photos.

If you haven't started your photo-a-day album start today or wait until Sunday so you start on the first day of the week. It really doesn't matter. Just start. You won't be sorry. You will love it and so will your kids!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jenny said...

OH MY GOSH!! first of all, how cute is your blog?????!!! WAY CUTE! and love the new format for your 365 photos!!!! Do you really think I could start now, or should I wait to take pics on JAn 1st??? I love you you are an inspiration!

Tabby Grey said...

Start now! Beginning of Summer to Beginning of Summer. That would be cool!

The Roundy's said...

Mom, I am so proud of you and what you are accomplishing! I LOVE YOU!

connie said...

ah! You do inspire me friend! Okay I'll do it. I may need some remedial help, with the album part, so watch out :)

Sweet Caroline said...

It is ok to be like that...(I am like that so it makes it ok!) :)

Kenr said...

Edee,
I love the pictures you are taking and putting in this album. It will be a family treasure.
I love you,
Kenr

THE RAINES FAMILY said...

Ok, so I remember seeing this when you posted it a loooooooong time ago, and thought I'd like to do that some time. Well, it's November, and I've been thinking for the past 6 months...I even put a note in my planner to research your posts about it this month. I'm so excited to do it, and i'm going to copy what you did. I just hope I can find the exact page protectors you have and be ready to start by Jan. Wish me luck...even though this is such an old post you'll probably never even know I've just now commented on it.