For Christmas, she let me pick out some fabric and I have been sewing them into a quilt ever since. It's nothing special, just a bunch of squares sewn together.
These fabrics make me happy. They reminded me of my Great Grandmother Shurtleff and our cabin in Idaho. Is it possible that in the deep recesses of my mind I can remember her wearing an apron or folding a blanket with similar fabrics and patterns? I don't know, but I think it just might be.
I am still having trouble posting. It is frustrating! We'll see if this goes through.
I'll post a picture when I am finished with the quilt.

2 comments:
love it! that made me happy just to read it!! glad you are loving the fabric and that it is giving you a project. I love you
jenny
Your quilt is going to be BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see the finished product!
Post a Comment