Friday, August 20, 2010

Reflections of a STRANGE Summer.

There has been some reading going on this summer.



And some piano playing going on this summer.


Nice, normal summer activities.



However, this summer has been a little weird so I decided to compile a list entitled. . .


You know it has been a strange summer when:


*Your husband who is trying to look on the bright side says "Well, at least we made it to the cabin." (meaning all our other plans were cancelled or ruined because we are just lucky that way and at least it is an improvement over last year when we didn't go anywhere because of my gallbladder surgery.)

*Your family vacation turns into half the family going to Tennessee and the other half staying in Utah. I don't recommend splitting up the family for a family vacation if you can avoid it.

*Your kids go fishing with their cousins and Aunts and Uncles and don't catch any fish but end up having to call 911 and file police reports because they found a dead body. Yes, that put a damper on everyone's day/week at the cabin. So sad.

*You've spent over $300 dollars on prescriptions that really aren't doing any good.

*You've visited more doctors in two months than you have in maybe your entire life combined.

*Your husband gets a new calling and you just try to survive until you all adjust to his new schedule.

*You actually get sick of HGTV.

*The highlight of your week is Design Star on HGTV.

*You can't even remember what happened in June.

*You completely give up on wearing your contact lenses and decide glasses aren't so bad after all.

*You don't have a clue if Regis and Kelly is still on the air because you aren't awake that early to find out. (Maybe I shouldn't admit that one. :) )



Strange summer or not. . .


I am sad it is ending.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kenr said...

Summers are always too short! We've had some challenges, but some great blessings have come to us as well! I love you,
Kenr

The Roundy's said...

haha! It has been a strange summer. But it has also carries a lot of good memories. I'm sad its over!!!

Love you, MOm!!!