Thursday, August 26, 2010

Yesterday.

Was a big day. A really BIG DAY.



The girls started school. Caroline went to High School and Margaret started the 3rd grade.




Yesterday, Kenneth got to escort Marg to class.

I think the last time Dad was home for the first day of school was when Lauren went to Kindergarten. I was in school at BYU and had a class so I couldn't take her so Kenneth stayed home and made sure she had a first good day.





As soon as the girls were off to school, we loaded the car and took Scott down to BYU and moved him into the dorms.





We also bought Scott's books. I think he is all ready to start school.




It was a very bitter-sweet day. We are excited for Scott but sad to see him leave home.


The girls and I cried most of the way home. Alright, Kenneth was pretty "teary eyed" too. :)





Today is a new day, though. We miss you Scotty, but we know you will have a great year!!!





Just for fun, a few favorite "one liners" from yesterday.


Caroline (High School):

"I sat in one class and it took me 30 minutes to figure out if the person in front of me was a boy or a girl."


"Scott, did you have Mr. ____________? He has HUGE eyebrows and really hairy arms."


"The day wasn't exactly horrible, but it wasn't exactly enjoyable either."


Margaret (Third Grade):

"Mia asked me if I had a black eye."

(Marg COULD NOT fall asleep until after 11:00 even though she went to bed MUCH earlier. (Notice her "bags" in the above picture. The poor thing!)


Scott (College):

"Every man for himself."




Maybe you "had to be there", but we did laugh alot yesterday!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kenr said...

It was a great day for our family! We were all there, and Scott will always remember that his entire family helped him move into the Freshman dorms! Thanks for letting us be part of your special day Scott! We love you.
Dad

The Roundy's said...

haha! Those are funny one-liners. :) It was such a fun day!!!!