Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Our Attempt at "Sprucing Up" Our Home.

And it needs sprucing up, let me tell you.

We wanted to do this project LAST summer -2009 - but life got in the way and we never got around to it. And to be completely honest, I think Kenneth got so sick of me complaining about nothing getting done around the house he just decided to drag the table out to the garage and start sanding.


The top of the table doesn't look too bad in this picture, but after years of the kids painting projects and school projects and craft projects, it was looking pretty bad. I couldn't take it anymore.



Kenneth and Caroline sanded and sanded and worked so hard.

I restained the top (sorry I didn't take a picture), but we didn't like how it turned out. We got a little frustrated and sick of the whole thing and decided to just paint the table black.

Actually it took days to decide what color. Black or white? White or Black? Green maybe? Black or White? We aren't good decision makers when it comes to color.

Anyway, we went with black.



I think it is turning out quite well.

It has taken forever to get to this point.

We can't park the cars in the garage and that drives Kenneth crazy, but we are making progress. I go out and work on it when I can, but my knees, hips, and wrists won't let me do too much at one time. I am just glad I am feeling well enough to do a little at a time.



I am a little scared to bring the table back inside because I think the kids are right when they say that it wiill make the rest of the house look really shabby. And by shabby, I don't mean shabby chic. :)


I'll post pictures once it is completely finished.

Now we need to decide what to do with the chairs. Black, white, green, red, tan? etc., etc. I do like the "mis-matched" look, but I'm not brave so they will probably just be black, too.

What do you think?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kenr said...

Edee, why not paint each chair a different color????!! Just kidding! I like the black table alot! I love you.
Kenr

The Roundy's said...

I LOVE the table!!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I think you should paint the chairs black but use fun colors for centerpieces, plate settings, and cushions for chairs, etc. I can't wait to see it in the house!

Lisa said...

I Love the black also! Maybe this will inspire Phil to start "sprucing up" around our house..........not gonna happen!

Jenny said...

love it! You did a great job and the black looks fabulous! miss you guys
jenny