Thursday, June 9, 2011

I Think I Need To Open Up A Lemonade Stand.

London has been here with us this week and Marg has been in heaven.

On Monday, the girls decided they wanted to sell lemonade so they could earn money for matching t-shirts and flip-flops.


Inwardly Kenneth and I groaned (I know, we are so not fun parents).

Oh, the mess.

Oh, the disappointment at not making any money.

Oh, oh, oh.


Kenneth even said he would pay them the amount of money they thought they would earn just to avoid the whole thing. :)


Besides, I have had a self imposed ban on lemonade stands ever since Lauren was eight years old and I happened to look out the window and a really creepy man in a really creepy car was talking to Lauren and her friends.

Right then and there I declared lemonade stands unsafe.

Until this week.

I caved.

I figured between me and Caroline and Lauren we could all keep a close eye on London and Marg. And, well, I didn't want to squash all their fun.

 
 
 
 

They had a wonderful time and. . .


in an hour and a half, those two raked in $16 bucks.



Geeze Louise, I need a job like that. :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kenr said...

So funny!!! Such good history. Margaret will love to see this story when she is older and hear how we realy felt about it. I am glad you are open to things you are sometimes not comfortable with, but may stil be safe! I love you. Kenr