Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Few Projects.

Well, it's August - almost September - and I finally got the Christmas wreath out of the front room.

Now, before you think "what is that woman's problem?", I will defend myself by saying that it was an all red wreath and didn't necessarily scream "Christmas". Thank goodness.

It was bugging me, though.

So. . . I made one of these.
 
Out of an old book that was missing a few dozen pages. I love how it turned out. (If you want to make one, just google something like book page wreath tutorial and about a bazillion tutorials will pop up.)

Then,

I decided I needed a better place to hang Scott's mission stuff.

So. . . I took an old frame out of our basement that looked like this.
 
 

And repainted it and added cork board and now it looks like this.
 

I love, love, love how this turned out, too.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kenr said...

Edee, I am so grateful for your eye for decorating and making our home beautiful! These are both really nice additions to our home decor. I love you!
Kenr

The Roundy's said...

Yeah, those turned out super cute! I am going to make my own book wreath for my house someday.....hope you don't mind if I copy you. :)

Jenny said...

OH MY GOSH>>>>I just had another experience where I blacked out and thought I was on Becky Higgins blog again...only BETTER!!! LOVE IT!!! LOVE YOU!!! counting the days till you come...literally. Brett keeps asking me "how many hours till Margaret really, actually LEAVES her house for St George?"
when I say keeps asking, I mean about every hour:)

Dixon Family said...

You are so talented! I really love how you are keeping Scott's mission "stuff"!