Sunday, October 2, 2011

Change.

Alot of change has happened since last April Conference. Six months time, yet monumental changes for our family.

A new granddaughter.

A son on a mission.

There was even a change in our conference traditions this weekend.

Caroline has never attended a Conference Session in the Conference Center so we decided to take her and Margaret to the Saturday morning session. Caroline was excited to go. Marg, not so much. :)

There was even a change in our traditional conference breakfast. We didn't go to Mimi's Cafe, but decided to go to Lamb's Grill Cafe in Salt Lake City.



It was fun and the atmosphere was "old timey".

Sometimes I don't do too well with change. We missed having Lauren and Jake and Lillie with us Saturday morning (babies can't go into the Conference Center).

We have all missed Scott terribly this weekend.


But. . .

The Spirit of the Lord has overwhelmed us. Tender mercies have been given freely and I can't even explain in words how grateful I am to a Heavenly Father who has shown me how much he loves me and my family as well as others.

Oh, how I LOVE General Conference weekend and the messages that are given.

How thankful I am to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

No comments: