Friday, October 7, 2011

If It's Not One Thing. . . It's Another.

The really good news is that the doctor was able to remove the skin cancer and all edges and depth of the tissue that they examined are clear. It's all gone.

The bad news. I evidently am having a reaction to the neosporin or the adhesive they used or something. But to be completely honest, I am not completely buying their explaination.

 
(The left side is the swollen, red side. The right side is just the old side.) :)

It doesn't feel too great.

I'm not completely buying that it's just an allergic reaction because the large painful swollen lymph node on my neck I woke up with yesterday seems to be responding to the antibiotic they put me on "just in case" something else was going on.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that "something else" is called an infection. It was evident 48 hours after the surgery when the original bandage came off. By 72 hours I could hardly move my neck.


Thank heaven my neck is feeling better today.


But really, who knows???


I have had a gazillion things cut off of my skin over the years and have never had a problem. Never.


I have never had anything taken off my face before.

I am SO GLAD (said very sarcastically) the bad reaction is happening now where everyone can see it.


I think I will hide out at home for the next few days.

7 comments:

Kenr said...

That picture is so pitiful! I'm sorry it hurts so bad and that you are having such a reaction to the surgery. I am glad though the medicine is helping you feel better. I love you.
Kenr

The Roundy's said...

"Well....I am allergic to mangos. My throat swells up....."

"You just have to wait until it rots off...."

LOVE YOU ,MOM!!!

Tabby Grey said...

Thanks for being there with me, Lo-Lo. I'm glad you thought he was weird, too!!!

Natalie said...

Ah I'm so sorry, Edee! If there's anything at all I can do I would love to help. Love you!

Hawkley Family said...

I know I shouldn't be laughing, but the way you wrote this up just made me laugh. Sorry that you are so miserable and hope that it heals quickly. Love ya!

Scott said...

Sorry Edee! Glad they were able to remove the skin cancer. Hope you are feeling better soon!

We just found out today that Dell's brother is our new bishop - small world.

shannon said...

Seriously?! A very apt title to this post indeed. Good grief! I'd say you've had your fill of hospital/doctor visits for a good long while. So glad they got it all, but so sorry about the reaction. No bueno!