How can you continue to feel sorry for yourself when you wake up to this?
Well, the answer is, YOU CAN'T.
You see, today is Kenneth and my wedding anniversary. 28 years. Amazing really, that it has been that long, yet is seems like yesterday at the same time.
We've been through a lot together in the last 28 years. A lot. And I am so grateful he has been by my side.
Anyway, since our first anniversary Kenneth has gotten me flowers. One rose for every year married. One rose for the first anniversary, twelve roses for the twelfth anniversary, etc.
This year, however, there is no "moola" for flowers or much else for that matter so I was feeling sorry for myself. Another anniversary come and gone. Not even the token flowers. Actually, I hadn't even thought about the flower tradition. They hadn't even entered my mind because it was so out of the question.
But, before he left for work this morning. . .
the guy got into my scrapbook stuff. . .
found 28 paper flowers and taped them to 28 straws and left this bouquet on the table for me to find when I woke up.
No, I don't feel sorry for myself anymore.
These are my most favorite flowers EVER that Kenneth has given me and I am so grateful they are made out of paper and plastic because now I can keep them forever.
I love you, Kenr.
Thanks for loving me. Especially when I don't deserve it.
2 comments:
You deserve much better than me! I love you! Happy anniversary.
That is awesome! These flowers are way better than real ones! Not only can you keep them forever, but the thought and creativity gone into them means so much more. Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment