Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Tradition Lives On. . .

The cabin follies as my mom use to call it.





And let me tell you, we have been doing it for years!

Here's proof.


Jenny, Missy, Edee, Mom (Laura Lee)


The year?  1976

Hence, the reason for the matching outfits to celebrate the Bicentennial of the good old USA.

My mom made those skirts. I still have mine.

We would wear those to church all matching like that. . . Those were the good old days. :)



My Mom and Aunt Linda and Grandma would always do something, uh, let's say. . .original.


Mom, Aunt Linda, Grandma




This year was no different.

We had some classic acts. CLASSIC I tell you!

We all about died when these two came down the stairs dressed as Nacho Libre.









The little girls did a lip sync to Weird Al Yankovich's Eat It.


.




And Jeff definitely had the moves doing a little dance number from the movie Unitards.







We all did something, and after it was all over, we had a little dance party. Notice Lillie (and Lillie's Dad, haha). Looks like the next generation of the cabin follies participants has begun even though I think she is wondering what in the heck is going on.










It was lots of fun and happy memories were made. 


You can't ask for more than that.

2 comments:

Kenr said...

Edee, thanks for posting these priceless pictures of your Mom, Aunt Linda, and Grandma Big. I love how your mom and Grandma did things. I love how that tradition has passed on to you. I love you.

Lisa said...

This was such a fun week!! Love those old pictures. Can't wait for the next one. We will have to get us MOMS to do a talent!