With this blog and the photos. And. . .every time I ask someone to help me figure it out, something else comes up and helping Mom with her blog gets put on the back burner.
So, no pictures once again.
But, I do have some phrases that we decided to write down while we were at the cabin this past summer.
Maybe it's one of those things where you had to be there? I don't know. Just remember we love the cabin, but it was built in the 1940's and except for the bathroom that was added sometime in the 50's, it hasn't changed much. No air conditioning, no heat (just a fireplace) AND just one bathroom for all 25+ people. Everything you need you bring with you - including food. If you don't bring it, you don't eat it. Plus, those that sleep in the cabin know it's pretty much like a big slumber party. The lucky ones escape into their tents or trailers outside. :)
Anywhoo, here are real live actual things that were said last summer.
"I think the yeast is in the glove box."
"They're trying to kill a bat."
"I feel like I'm literally baking in an oven. Baking on the inside even."
"I'm not a big fan of wind, but I like it here."
"Right now Mom, we could be eating Cafe Rio."
"I like the noise your Dad makes when he snores."
"There are bugs in the butter."
"Are you going to the laundry mat tomorrow or are you just giving up?"
"The river's not going anywhere."
"Is anybody in the bathroom?"
"You want plain, right? Nothing diet?"
"Who's in the bathroom?"
"I'm next in the bathroom!"
"My sunburn hurts."
"A cold toilet seat is better than a warm one." (ewwwwww)
"Chewing is technically activity points."
"It's amazing what you will eat when it's right in front of you."
For those who read this blog and have never been to the cabin, these probably won't make much sense.
For those of us who have gone to the cabin, we TOTALLY get it and are laughing our heads off at all those happy memories!
2 comments:
Edee, I want more! Where did you get this list? I love it! Thanks for helping me smile this morning. I love you.
Yeah, those quotes are hilarious!!! I was laughing out loud remembering each scene. :)
Post a Comment