Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Crazy Hair Day and The Science Fair.



Last Friday was crazy hair day. Yep, that is some pretty crazy hair.

Thanks Lina for helping Marg look AWESOME!



Also, this week is the science fair. I believe I have said it on this blog before, but just in case I didn't, I want to publicly state that I HATE THE SCIENCE FAIR! :)


So much stress and pressure and tears.


And this is all we do. Flowers. . .



All I can handle is flowers.

I can't even imagine doing a "hover craft" like one of my piano students was telling me about. ha.


I am not a fun Mom when it comes to the science fair. We aren't in it to win it. We are just there to get the job done and then have it over with. That's it.

I think Scott even did flowers??? :)

Anyway, flower "C" had salt added to the water. Salt is not good for flowers. Sugar is alright in small doses and plain water is really just the best.  There. . . that's Marg's project.

She had to be at school today at 7:30 to set up her board.

She didn't sleep well last night. She dreamed about the science fair!


I was proud of her board and her hard work. She was happy, too, and glad that we made it on time (yeah, we were the first ones there even before the tables were set up because she was so worried about being on time).

The teachers stressed that they needed to be dressed in a "professional" looking outfit. In other words, church clothes. She cried last night for at least 15 minutes because her church shoes are too little and she has been wearing boots to church. Nice looking boots I might add, but boots none the less.

"I can't wear boots tomorrow, they aren't professional" she cried.

"I can't buy you church shoes today" I said. "I'm sorry. I wish I could."

"Besides" I said, "There has to be at least two feet of snow outside and it is still snowing! You have to wear boots or you will freeze to death."

She finally decided her black boots would be alright. She had no choice so I guess she just accepted it. And believe me, as I was leaving the school this morning and as more and more kids were coming in, she looked the most professional to me. . .

on a snowy, cold day like today, most of the kids were just dressed to survive the day, not impress the judges.








Tonight we will all be SUPER happy because it is over.



Hallelujah!

3 comments:

Kenr said...

Edee, I believe you express the sentiments of almost all parents! I thought the science fair used to be for those who wanted to do it? Now it is mandatory! Margaret is so good - so dependable - just like you! I love you.

shannon said...

What do you hate more, science fair or Halloween?

Tabby Grey said...

haha Shannon! I don't know. That's a good question!