Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Could Anything Be Worse?

At least in terms of High School?

No. I think not.

You remember high school, right? It's that time in life where at least 99.9% of us just try and survive it, and then finally you see that light at the end of the tunnel called graduation, and you are only a few weeks away from graduation and you realize you have almost successfully lived through all your high school years without too much embarrassment and you feel as if you can hold your head up high and cruise to the end?

Yeah, I remember that feeling. That was how Caroline was feeling. . . Just get me to the end. Just get me out of here!!!

All she has is 30 or so more school days left and she was home free. . .

THEN. . .
someone on the student council decided it would be fun to have a school wide Hunger Games.

WHOSE CRAZY IDEA WAS THIS?



Yep. The Pioneer Hunger Games of 2013. And yes, Caroline's name was chosen out of all those names to represent District 9. The orchestra, drill team, and golf team district. Yowza!

What are the chances? What kind-of bad luck can a good girl have? :)


Now, to be fair, this is the girl who dressed up as Napoleon on Halloween, so while it is a somewhat horrible and terrifying situation, she has embraced it and is just going with it.


Yesterday they had their interviews (like in the show with the Caesar guy).

Today is the fashion show (like in the show where the tributes ride in on those chariots).

Yes. She has to prance around the lunch room in her futuristic costume representing her District and then the students vote on the best costumes.

HOW HORRIBLE IS THAT?

I am pretty sure that if this would have happened to me, I would have just dropped out of school right then and there. :) Yeah. I am SURE  that is exactly what I would have done.


Here she is before she went to school wearing the hat she put together for her costume.
Notice the violin bow tied to the hat?


And here she is in her futuristic orchestra costume just before she had to model it.
I honestly can't believe she let me come into the school and take her picture,
 but I do know better than to stay for lunch and the fashion show. 
Having your mom there, well, it would  just be too much! ha!

The arena situation is freaking her out a little. You know, big school assembly on Friday where everyone is watching even more intently than during lunch. She has no idea what that will all be about. Do they pretend to  kill each other? Do they have obstacle courses and run through cones? Do they kick a ball around and embarrass themselves?  Oh the pain and torture of it all!


Caroline has decided to have a good attitude about it. She gets that from her Dad, thank goodness!

I am proud of you Lina. YOU GO GIRL!

I am pretty sure that after this week, you will be able to handle ANYTHING in your life that comes out of nowhere, because as far as I am concerned, there are few things that could be worse! :)



p.s. Just got a call from Lina. She didn't win. The guy who painted himself purple won. Yeah, no way to beat purple paint.

1 comment:

Kenr said...

Thanks for posting these pictures of Caroline. She looks so cute! She is brave. I love her ability to do hard things.