Saturday, October 18, 2008

UEA



Here in Utah we have our fall school break - UEA. The kids are out of school Thursday, Friday, and for all of us here in the Alpine District, they get Monday off too. We have had London and Hawkley since Wednesday. Phil and Lisa went to New York for a few days so the kids have been in "Hog Heaven" playing with each other.


Hawkley is our resident photographer. He does a good job, too!


All sorts of photos and videos are taken when Hawkley is here.


Hawkley even takes picutures of himself! You'll notice all these photos are taken in our "big room". The kids have literally lived in here for three days straight. They leave on occasion as they run from the big room to their bedrooms to retrieve something. They leave to eat, but usually end up dragging a box of crackers or cereal or chips back into the big room. They also leave when they decide to play outside in the sandbox and make rivers (and brave the freezing cold water from the hose) and cities and all sorts of sand castle creations. Most of their time, though, has been spent cutting out paper dolls, coloring, watching movies, coloring, playing Polly Pockets, coloring, and playing Donkey Kong. Scott, Caroline, and Hawkley are obsessed with Donkey Kong! Our Donkey Kong game is only played when Hawkley and London are here. I guess it is a fun "cousin" thing to do. The three of them are quite competitive!


Posted by PicasaAnd yes, the kids even sleep in the big room on the floor on the Grandma Hawkley floor mats. Thank Heaven for the big room. It gives us a place big enough to be together as a family!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

OH, I am sooo jealous! I better not let my kids read this, they will disown me because I didn't bring them up for the fun!!! Thanks for sharing! I love you! jenny

The Roundy's said...

HAHAHAHA! Question: is Marg doing a rock on sign with her hands? :) I am glad that Jake and I were able to come and see the fully UEA glory for a night...I am seriously going through break withdraws. I LOVE YOU MOM!!!

Jenny said...

OH MY GOSH!! About your blog background.....LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEE IT!! Very cute, aren't they fun?

The Roundy's said...

Yes, MOM! I love your background too! Oh, and tell Caroline that the picture of her is simply awesome! hahahahah!