Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Our California Adventure - Part 3

We decided that since we would be down in the Land of Disney, we would take the kids there -to Disneyland that is. They all agreed that that is what they wanted for their main Christmas present. We were sooooo excited to go. We had been planning and talking about going for three months.

The only day we could go was on the Thursday of our trip. However, because of the storm, we spent Thursday on I-15. Remember the boot? Anyway, we were all pretty discouraged. Margaret was crying. At age six, she didn't understand why we weren't going to make it.

The only other time that wasn't already committed with wedding activities was Friday after 2:00 p.m. Would it be worth it to go for a half day. There are no half day passes. You have to pay the full price. We were already having trouble justifying the cost for a whole day. How could we pay that much for just a half day.

I called Lisa on her cell phone. (They were stuck in the same traffic only 20 miles ahead of us, remember?) I told her we were crazily thinking about just going for Friday afternoon and evening. (We knew it was open until midnight, so that was a plus). She said, "I know, we were just thinking the same thing. The kids have been looking forward to this for so long". "I know", I said. "Should we do it", I asked?
She asked Phil, I asked Kenneth, and without any hesitation we all said YES!

It will probably be a very long time before we get back to California. Margaret and the other kids will only be young once.

We didn't tell Marg until we were actually in the Hotel Thursday night that we thought we could squeeze in Disneyland. We knew she couldn't take anymore disappointment if something else delayed us.



This is our group heading to the main gate. Margaret is behind Lisa and I am behind the camera. We had actually made it!!!


We had heard Jasmine is one of the hardest Princesses to find. We found her within the first 20 minutes. What a blessing! It was the ONLY princess Margaret HAD to see. A pure dream come true for a little girl. To see her favorite princess with her cousin London right there beside her.


I love this picture. It is pure joy and happiness.

I know Margaret's outfit is a little "different", but she INSISTED that she wear her Snow White dress and her Polar Express Bell she got from school. The pink sweater was all we brought. It may not have been color coordinated, but it was precious.


Finding Mickey at the very end of the day was a highlight. Getting his autograph was a treasure.

It was soooo worth going. We had to drag ourselves back to our cars we were so tired. We left around 10:30. It was perfect!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous! Haha Just think, we were only 20 minutes away being grumpy and finally dragging ourselves to Chuck E. Cheese. The kids had fun, it was me who missed it the most I think! ;) OK that Picture of Marg on the teacups is frame worthy!!!! love it!