Friday, February 27, 2009

How Lucky Am I?


This little thing came home from school yesterday and told me she needed to dress like her hero and wear her costume to school today. She sounded a bit distressed as if it wouldn't be possible.

"Who is your Hero?", I asked.

"Well, I wrote on my paper that My Mom was my hero, but I don't know how to dress like you." She said.

Yes, my heart melted. Me, her hero? Sometimes I don't feel much like a hero.

As far as dressing like me, well, that is actually pretty easy I thought to myself. All she would need is a pair of jeans and a gray t-shirt. I have been in a bit of a rut lately.

In her little six year old mind, though, I am sure she was thinking it would be alot easier to dress like my mom if my mom just wore a cape or had a magic costume like Elasta Girl from The Incredibles.

Well, I don't have a cape and I certainly couldn't fit into Elasta Girl's Superhero Costume, but I do have aprons. And she seemed to accept that as my "costume".


After we both chose jeans and a white long sleeved shirt (the fact that her shirt was a turtle neck and my wasn't almost ruined the deal) Marg chose to wear her cupcake apron that she received at a friends birthday party, and I HAD TO PROMISE to wear one of my aprons all day long just like her. Apparently it is "Twin" day, too!


This is an apron I made a few years ago for Thanksgiving down in St. George. I dressed in color back in 2007.

Hope you have a nice day. We're wearing aprons around here. What are you wearing? :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kenr said...

This is so special Edee! I am proud of you and so happy that you are the hero of our children!!
I love you,
Kenr

The Roundy's said...

Wow, Mom! This is amazing! I started to tear up...You are my hero too. :)I love you!

Jenny said...

So cute! You are a super hero Edee! What a sweet girl, I just love Margaret....girls are so sweet, last night Brett was sitting by me and said listen Mom, and then he tried to burp in my ear.......hahaha He thought he was pretty funny, I thought, oh the sweet baby days are almost over, onto boy, boy, boy stuff! ;)