Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wow. What a Week.

Haven't blogged for a while. We've been running around like "chickens with our heads cut off". Just a few of the things we've been doing:

*General Conference. Kenneth made the comment, "the toughest week in his career". That says alot. He has had some tough weeks. Leaving for work at 5:00 a.m. and getting home at 7:00 or later (much later). No time for lunch type days. Still had Stake meetings at night.

*Scott has had five tennis matches plus practice.

*Caroline was told she had three days to make a complex machine for science. Argggh. I hate science projects.

*Four conference sessions. Five for the guys.

*Stomach flu/problems circulating between most of us.

*ACT test on Saturday morning for Scott. We had to modify our conference tradition and instead of going out to breakfast, we went out to lunch. The kids choose JCW's hamburgers.

*Jake and Lauren stayed with us Friday and Saturday nights! Yay!

*Went on our bi-annual conference shopping trip friday night. The kids made the comment "the best shopping trip of the year except for maybe the cabin shopping trip." New coloring books, sketch pads, M&M's, Skittles, Cream Soda, and COB Chocolate Chip Cookies for Jake that Kenneth brought home from work.

*More stomach flu/problems.

*Lauren and Jake got to go to a Jazz game thanks to some free tickets.

*Hawkley and London stayed with us on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Kid heaven.

*Kenneth and the "boys" went up to the Conference Center for Priesthood Meeting.

*Laundry coming out our ears. Still can't get on top of it.

*Fifteen piano lessons last week. Fifteen piano lessons this week.

*Trying to keep it all together. I'm affraid I'm not doing too good.

*This week's work week not much easier. Conference "fallout".

*Work dinner at the Church Office Building for Kenneth and me last night.

*Homework, homework, homework. Chemistry, AP Math, first grade math, spelling, history tests, science.

*Dyed Easter Eggs between conference sessions on Sunday. A great time to do it by the way.

*Still dealing with stomach problems. Will it ever end?

*Trying to give Marg the attention she needs. It's hard being six with a house full of teenagers and grown-ups.

*Trying to keep up with just the necessities of daily life.

*Oh, and did I mention stomach problems, headaches, achy joints? Such fun.



Thanks for letting me get that out of my system.

I know the list isn't that interesting, but maybe years from now our posterity will enjoy this little glimpse into our lives. Then again, maybe not. Who knows?

Right now I would just like to sleep for a week, but I have to run to the store. We are out of milk, eggs, bread, cereal. All the basics. I'm not kidding either.

Costco, here I come!

2 comments:

The Roundy's said...

hahaha!! I'm sorry to say but this post made me laugh. Sorry. At least you have stuff to do. :) I am trying to come up with things to keep me busy.....I love you!

Jenny said...

all I can say is "serenity now"...good luck with the stomach stuff, that is the pitts. And just for posterity sake, I ABSOLUTELY HATE SCIENCE PROJECTS AND THE SCIENCE FAIR at school....chalk up another mother of the year award for me, but I usually don't let the kids enter the science fair....it kills me haha hope your week is getting better! love you, jenny