Monday, September 21, 2009

Geez Louise.

Is it really the 21st of September? I had to write the date for a piano lesson today and I couldn't believe it. Where has September gone? I guess the fall is going to go as quickly as summer did.

How come January through March don't go as quickly? Those three months seem to drag on forever!

We've been keeping busy, though. . .


Piano lessons have started again.


The kids are busy with homework.


I am doing better but not completely "there" yet.


Kenneth is busy with work and church.


General Conference is in two weeks!


Last week I got caught up with my "photo-a-day" project. Still taking a picture EVERY day.


I am working on another project. I signed up for an online class at Big Picture Scrapbooking. This new project is one I have heard about and always wanted to do so when I saw it was being offered on-line, I decided to do it.


It's based on the book Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life. You choose a few words for each letter that have something to do with you. For instance, M for Margaret or Mother or Marshmallows etc. and write a short paragraph about that thing or person. It is really quite fun and turning out great.


I'll post some pictures of the album in progress as soon as I can find my camera. I think it (the camera) went to school with Scott.


As for the book Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life, I can't recommend it. If you have read it and liked it, I'm sorry. That's just how I feel. We were encouraged to get the book to give us ideas on what things we could write about, so on our way home from Provo one day, we stopped at Borders and picked it up. I was excited to read it because I had heard such good things about it.

I didn't even get to the letter "A" before the language turned into something from an "R" rated movie. I figured I didn't need that and I was mad I had spent the money on the book. I wanted to return it that very same night so the people at the store would know I didn't have time to read it and then try and get my money back for it.

So, I asked Kenneth, "will you please come with me and see if Borders will take the book back?" I had no idea if a book store would take a book back. It's kind-of like returning underwear you have already worn. I figured they wouldn't take it back, but hey, it was worth a try. Besides, I am scared of sales people so I made Kenneth do it.

Guess what? At Borders you have 30 days to return a book. How do they make any money? I guess they hope people will be honest. They said they actually like it when people return them and let them know if they weren't happy. It helps them know what to stock. Who knew?

I will be going to Borders again. I like that policy.

2 comments:

The Roundy's said...

YAY you updated your blog!!! I want to see some pictures of your many projects. :) LOVE YOU!

Kenr said...

Thanks for taking some time to post on your blog. This is good history for our family!
I love you,
Kenr