Honestly, I couldn't make this up.
To begin, let me set the stage. . .
Caroline called me from school and needed me to pick her up a little early because she wasn't feeling too good. Well, to get your child out of school, you have to go inside and sign them out.
Please imagine in your minds the main entrance to a Jr. High.
Any Jr. High will do.
They are all about the same torture chamber aren't they?
Our Jr. High has two sets of heavy glass doors that you have to pass through. I hate going in there. It makes me feel guilty that I make my kids go there.
Anyway. . . Here is the story.
I grabbed the first glass door (all the while wishing I had a Clorox wipe in my hand) and opened it. An overwhelming smell of B. O. came at me.
I thought, "Oh my gosh! If it is this bad in between the set of doors it must really be bad inside the school. How do these poor teachers stand it? Maybe I can take a big breath and hold it while I run in and sign her out".
The only thing I knew is that I had to get my child. I HAD TO GO IN!
I opened the second door. If I thought the first whiff was strong, I wasn't even prepared for the full burst of pre-teen/teen scent that assaulted me as I entered the school. B. O. mixed with teeny bopper Bonnie Bell type perfume. I honestly thought I would gag. It was BAD!!!
Just then, a group of three girls walked in behind me and I heard. . . "Ooooooh, it smells so good. It smells just like cinnamon."
Whaaaaaaaaaaaatttttt???!!!
The attendance lady then grabbed my attention and said, "She's coming from the trailers so you can go outside and wait for her there if you want."
Was she kidding?
Believe me, I was already on my way out the door! :)
3 comments:
This is so commical! This is a great short story and fun to read! I guess it is all in the perspective!!
I love you,
Kenr
This is hilarious! I remember that smell very vividly! It's not your fault we had to go to that school...so don't blame yourself. :) Mom, you are a great writer!
hahahahahahahahahaha! LOL, thanks for making me smile, oh the smell at school can kill ya!
Post a Comment