2. Did you know it can be September and you can still have up a Christmas decoration (notice the door behind Caroline) from last Christmas and you don't even care? Might as well leave it up since Christmas is just around the corner.
3. Did you know that if you have a medical procedure inside your body they give you pictures of your insides? Yes, I now know what my colon, stomach, liver, gallbladder, bile duct, etc. look like. I even have pictures of my pictures but decided to spare you the gory details.
4. Did you know that every time you go back to the doctor they ask you if you got your pictures? There have been a few times that I wanted to scream "YES, I GOT MY PICTURES! YOU EVEN GAVE ME DUPLICATES"! Must be part of insuring themselves against malpractice. Who knows, but it is kind-of weird.
5. Did you know that if you are expecting company and you were planning on grilled hamburgers you can still barbecue in the rain? Good thing Jake is a persistent kind of guy. Thanks Jake and Lauren!
6. Did you know that if you try an experiment to see how long it will take for someone to take out the laundry room garbage, it will eventually be taken out? Thanks Kenr. He even took the picture of it because it was so bad.
7. Did you know that if you call your doctor on a Saturday and he wants you to go to the emergency room to be evaluated you should try to avoid Utah Valley Hospital at all costs? We thought that would be the better choice since that is the hospital the surgeon works out of. Besides, we thought, it's a bigger hospital. Maybe they are better. We passed at least three emergency rooms that I know of on our way down to Provo.
WE SHOULD HAVE GONE TO AMERICAN FORK HOSPITAL!
Let's just say we got there at 1:30 in the afternoon and we didn't leave until 10:15 p.m. and we were one of the lucky ones! Was everyone in Provo sick that day? A mother with two small children came in right after we did and they didn't have a room for her child until around 8:00 p.m.!!!
Kenneth was so bored he would walk around the nurses station every couple of hours to see what was happening. He watched the board with patients names on it and came back and told me what was wrong with them.
Kenr: "You know that guy that had a bloody towel wrapped around his head?"
Me: "Yeah."
Kenr: "Well, he's laying on a bed out in the middle of the hall. There aren't any rooms for him."
An hour later. . .
Kenr: "You know that girl that came in after us?"
Me: "The blonde, young one?"
Kenr: "Yeah."
Me: "The one that is allergic to sulfur?" (you learn alot about people when you are all sick and waiting together)
Kenr: "YES, that's the one! Well she has . . . . . ". (Now I can't even remember what it was. It was something he had to spell and we were trying to figure out just exactly what it was and if it was contagious.)
Two hours later my roommate, seventy-eight year old Jack - believe me I know all about Jack and practically his whole life - had the same thing written by his name. Poor Jack. He coughed all day and kept calling me Ellie.
"Ellie", he would yell through the curtain, "have you gone to get your cat scan yet?
"No, not yet", I would say.
"Well, I just had mine. It was a piece of cake". He would say.
Yep. Jack was a talker.
Even when he started talking in Spanish we couldn't avoid him because Kenneth was so bored he started to translate for me.
Next time we are going to American Fork. They at least have private rooms and televisions in the rooms. They might only get three channels (and one of those is how to breast feed your baby) but even that is better than having to learn every little detail about the guy next to you.
Every few hours Kenr would mutter, "I should have brought my book."
At one point Jack feel asleep and was snoring - loudly - and Kenneth muttered, "that's an expensive nap he's taking."
Yeah, sorry Kenr. I know you were frustrated about having to take me down there. Believe me I WAS FRUSTRATED AT HAVING TO GO. It can't be fun to have a "bum" wife. However, I did feel vindicated when it wasn't all in my head and I really did have a bad kidney/bladder infection as well as possible blood clots in my lungs (thank goodness the scan showed no blood clots!).
Now if I could just get the surgeon to call me back and let me know if he concurs with the e. r. doctors findings and tell me he agrees that I don't have a bile duct leak, maybe I can relax a little. :)
Yep. Nothing but fun around here.
Well, thanks for playing "Did You Know?" If I can think of any more questions I will be sure to post them.

4 comments:
You are a great writer Edee! Very entertaining! At least we had some good laughs together, as each hour passed!
I love you,
Kenr
Oh my gosh! that was hilarious! Seriously I am laughing out loud! I'm sorry that it was such a long, drawn out process!
that was really a fun game. I have to admit I was hoping for pictures of all your fun ness going on in your body... just the nurse in my I guess. Play this game again!
you are a writer! :) At least you're laughing now and have some good stories to tell!
Post a Comment