I wasn't sure I would like the light silver color, but now I think it is my favorite color of any car we have ever had.
I am almost finished with the binding of my quilt. I hope to be able to wash it later today!
Before I started the quilt above, I thought I would need a few more black fabrics so I bought a few. I didn't end up using them, though, and of course I felt guilty for buying them in the first place.
I decided yesterday to try and "remedy" my guilt by using my yellow scraps with the black fabric. This is a very easy quilt where you leave the edges (of the colored fabric) "raw" and then when it is finally quilted and washed, the edges fray and become soft and fluffy. The kind of quilt a kid would like to feel and snuggle up with.
I think once it is quilted and washed it will look great. At least I hope so. It was a good experiement, though. The church is in need of quilts right now and our ward is in the process of collecting and making some, so I hope some little child somewhere in the world will like these happy colors.
I'll post pictures when both quilts are completely finished.

2 comments:
Oh my gosh, mom. Those are beautiful quilts! Some child is going to LOVE that yellow and black one. You are so thoughtful. I love you!
Um, there's a little childish girl who is 38 who wants a cute snuggly quilt! haha:) JK I know someone will love it, it is beautiful and so is the other one. and I really like the car color.
Post a Comment