My cousin called me this morning and told me that my Aunt Corrinne had passed away. I knew it was coming, but the finality of death is always a little shocking.
Aunt Corrinne is my Dad's older sister. She has suffered for years from Alzheimers and while we are happy that she is finally released from that physical pain, we will still miss her and all the great times we had together.
My first year at BYU I was soooooooo homesick. I was suddenly 600 miles away from home and I had a hard time adjusting. Aunt Corrinne helped by letting me come visit her in Salt Lake on weekends whenever I needed to get away and be with someone I knew.
I am sure I put a "cramp in her style" as she was dating the man who would become her second husband (Uncle Kent - her first husband - had died a few years earlier). But she never made me feel like an inconvenience. I think I only spent three - maybe four - weekends with her that year, but I know they saved me. I will always be grateful for that.
We will miss you Aunt Corrinne.
You were, and are, a very good lady.
2 comments:
Well said Edee! She was special!
Wow, I didn't know that story! I just remember visiting a few times. I hope Piper is doing ok. Love you Mom!
Post a Comment