*We are exhausted.
*If you need to drive to Dallas, try and stay more than 20 hours in Dallas before you have to head home again.
*2,900 miles is a lot of miles to drive in four days.
*Three different beds, in three different cities, in three different days, is hard on your body.
*There are few things as wonderful as your own bed and your own bathroom.
*Did you know in Texas they make waffles in the shape of Texas?
*I love that my husband makes me laugh. After he took his first bite of his waffle he said, "I just ate Houston".
*If you sit in a car for four days straight, your rear end hurts on the fifth day.
*Funerals are mentally exhausting.
*It must be hard for Kenneth to not only have lost one mother when he was five, but now he has lost another.
*The Raines' kids have been through a lot in their lives. I am proud of the way they have handled things during this difficult time. I witnessed strength, support for one another, and love of family.
*We missed those who weren't with us.
*I wish we could have stayed longer in Dallas. I love Dallas.
*I ate the best Taco I have ever tasted on Tuesday night. Desperadoes in Dallas - great Mexican food.
*We are getting excited for the Raines reunion this summer in Chattanooga.
*Highway 6 through Spanish Fork Canyon is the most miserable stretch of road. I am always very grateful when we make it out of there alive.
*Deer - at night - on Highway 6 are not a good thing.
*Except for about a twenty minute stretch that winds up the highway right before you get to Albuquerque, I don't believe New Mexico has any trees. I'm not kidding. I was thinking about it this morning. I don't remember seeing one tree the entire time we were there yesterday and we were in New Mexico for 9 hours just driving and driving and driving. No memory of any tree. Not even a cactus. Weird.
*Kenneth drove the whole 44+ hours except for a short hour and a half when I took over. He would rather drive than "just sit there" as he likes to say.
*I am looking forward to when I can pick up Kenneth from the bus stop in a few hours and then come home and get in my pajamas and crash.
*I hope Kohler's has the pair of pantyhose I need. I have looked everywhere. The pair I wore for the funeral were miserable. I am not going to wear them again all day tomorrow.
*Tomorrow is another big day. We have to be at the Conference Center from around 1:00 p.m. until about 9:00 p.m. for the Young Women's Choir.
*A member of the Young Women's General Board challenged the girls in the choir to have a "Holy" week. I believe the Lord has blessed us with truly amazing experiences this week that have truly been Holy.
*Family is the only thing that is important in this life. All that other "stuff" is just, well, "stuff". The stuff that messes with our heads and hearts and keeps us away from the most important thing in life - Family.
*I am and will be eternally grateful Kenneth Raines walked into my life some 26 years ago.

3 comments:
Haha Mom. I know. 20 hour drives can do something to you. Perhaps you should try sitting in the back next time...then you can see how you like it. ;)
Wow, I loved reading that! And Highway Six is the road I drive on to get to school everyday...it is totally blah! :)
We have been thinking about and praying for your family all week. So glad you are home safe! Your sweet family is an example of faith and love to us all!
PS... we loved having Scott over a bit while you were gone. We are so grateful for his friendship with Ben!
The Dixon Family
Post a Comment