Sunday, March 21, 2010

What a Saturday.

Our Saturday started off bright and early with the Young Women's Choir practice in the conference center.



I can't even describe how powerful this experience has been. Sister Webb has an AMAZING gift and has taught these girls, and those of us observing the practices, many, many things.

Our stake is the "host" stake and Kenneth has been assigned to oversee things so he really needed to be there. Caroline has also been given the opportunity to sing. She is in the far right section sitting on the aisle - third row up from the bottom.

Kenneth and I left the practice a little early so we could attend the Salt Lake funeral of Grandma Raines. Caroline came later as soon as the practice was over.

I think there might have been a few who thought that I was maybe a little crazy for taking a few pictures after the service, but I have come to learn that a few photographs of an event, even a funeral, can bring back strong and special feelings even years later. I hope you don't mind if I share a few - especially for those family members who weren't able to be here in Salt Lake.







It was a lovely service. Janet, Dell, Kenneth, and Barbara's Bishop spoke. I felt they all did an exceptional job.

Our hearts are full as we say good-by, for now, to Grandma.



We look forward to seeing the rest of the family in a few days.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Roundy's said...

When Jake and I came home we talked about what a wonderful day we had had. Thanks Mom and Dad for being the greatest parents! Please drive safely to Dallas and give everyone hugs for us!

Jenny said...

you really are a great writer. Thanks for sharing. I love that Caroline gets to sing. I wish Laura and I could be there for the YW broadcast. so glad the funeral went well. we love you.

shannon said...

So much going on, and thanks for keeping us all in the loop through the blog. Hope things go well in Dallas. All our love.