Friday, May 14, 2010

Summer, Are You Almost Here?

I am pretty sure these last two weeks of school will probably feel like two months. I have three children who all have a SERIOUS case of "senior-itis" but only one of those kids is a Senior. :)

Trying to get the girls up in the morning is not fun. It probably doesn't help that Margaret was up past 11:00 last night texting Lauren.

I know, I know. Who is the parent here?

That parent would be me, but by last night I just gave up.

Marg was trying to go to sleep, but she has a hard time if Kenneth isn't home. They have this little tradition (not a good tradition mind you, but one that has been going on for her entire life) where Marg lays (lies? - I don't know) in bed waiting for her Dad to get home. He hasn't seen her all day so of course he picks her up and gives her a big kiss and a hug. She then says "Dad, I'm hungry" (even if she just ate five minutes before he gets home) and he gets her out of bed and gets them both a little snack.

Seriously BAD tradition.




Anyway, here are some questions for you.

Question #1
What are you doing today?

Here is what I am doing. . .

I love this little piece of paper. Some days that is just about all I can handle. :)


Question #2
Was Mother's Day really only five days ago. It feels like it was five months ago.

I did get some lovely things, though.

Roses from my Son that he went and bought all by himself!

A beautiful leather tote bag from Kenneth and the girls that I now keep my scriptures in as well as other church manuals etc. I LOVE it.

A darling FHE board made especially for me by Lauren and Jake. SO CUTE!





I also got a heating pad. This pre-menopausal woman needs one once a month. Sorry if that is TMI (too much information), but I just thought you'd like to know that I very much appreciate practical presents, too.



Question #3
If someone (like Lauren and Jake) offer to cook dinner, will I buy the groceries for them to do so?

ABSOLUTELY!


Question #4
How many times in four months can a person safely be on an antibiotic?

I don't really know, but I hope it is at least three times. Yep, I'm back on another one. I am SO GRATEFUL for them, though, as they do help me. If this round doesn't completely work, I will have to go to a gastroenterologist. Blah! That does not sound fun. Someone has to figure out what is going on with my large and small intestines, though.

Sorry.

I am pretty sure that is TMI. :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kenr said...

Edee, I am sorry you don't feel good. Thanks for your happy thoughts!
Love, Kenr

The Roundy's said...

That was a good post! I am glad that you had a wonderful mother's day! LOVE YOU MOM!!!

Jenny said...

sounds like you had a great mothers day! I love you and your presents are so cute! Love the FHE board!

Natalie said...

Margaret can text?!?! Wowee. Thats talent.