Lehi is flooding.
Some where downtown by the canal. I don't even know where that is. I just know that around 8:30 Sunday night Scott got a text from one of his friends asking him to come help fill sand bags. He left and we didn't think too much of it. It happens sometimes.
Then at 11:30 on Sunday night we got a phone call asking that our Stake provide as many men as we could possibly round up to come help fill sandbags. Kenr went down and got home around 2:00 a.m. and then got up at 5:oo a.m. for work. Poor guy.
An additional 100 or so men were needed last night (Monday) and Kenr had to go down around 11:00 to make sure things were going alright.
Who knows what tonight will bring???
Cooler weather is coming in a few days which will slow the snow from melting too fast which will stop the rivers and canals from flooding. At least we hope!
It's pretty cool we live in a place where the city can call a few Stake President's and then the Stake President's call several Bishops and in the matter of about 20 minutes several hundered people show up ready to help. Even in the middle of the night!
Have I ever mentioned before that I love Lehi? :)
2 comments:
It is amazing isn't it? And everyone was happy to be there! We had to send some home because we had too many people, and they were dissappointed! The Lord requires the sacrifice of all things and these saints understand that. Thanks for recording this Edee!
I love you,
Kenr
I love Lehi, too!!!
Post a Comment