Saturday, July 24, 2010

Random Things Running Around in My Head.

* Today is the 24th of July. I love the 24th of July.


(Jake's patriotic boat he made at the cabin)


* I love our Pioneer Heritage and the Pioneer songs in the Children's Songbook are some of my favorites.

* Did you know that if you live in Utah you can get called to build a float for the parade? Yep. Phil and Lisa spent about a year of their life building a huge float for their Stake two years ago. Lisa says they are happy to be watching the parade on the t.v. today. :)

* I am so thankful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

* Last night I went to sleep dreaming about a Cafe Rio taco or Panda Express Orange Chicken (they actually sounded good). This morning I can barely choke down a piece of toast. Oh well.

* Our usual tradition for the 24th is to cook a chicken dutch oven meal (soooooo yummy) and then make a fruit pizza. I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen this year. No one has the strength, energy, or desire. :)

* I wish Kenneth would lose his Blackberry.

* I have to have another colonoscopy on Monday morning. I am dreading tomorrow. The colonoscopy is the easy part. It's the day before that's awful.

* I'm thinking it's not the greatest thing to be told you are being "squeezed in" for your colonoscopy. I don't know. I mean getting squeezed in for an ear ache or a sore throat is one thing, but a colonoscopy? I'm just saying.

* The kids are having a great time in Chattanooga!

* We took Scott school shopping yesterday. I wasn't sure I could do it, but we managed. We had a GREAT day just with our Scotty boy.

* I kind-of wanted to see the new Karate Kid, but it isn't playing in very many places. Is it that bad?

* I am grateful for my Pioneer Heritage.

* Maybe we will finally try "In and Out" hamburgers today? I don't know. We still haven't been to either one of the new restaurants. Does that make us bad people?

* We are having a nice quiet "vacation" at home.

* I love July.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kenr said...

It is good to hear your thoughts! We are grateful when you feel good and pray for your speedy recovery. I concur with all that you have said. I love you!

Jenny said...

Hey, I hope your colonoscopy goes well in the am! I love you and I am sure it will go great! you are in my prayers and I put your name on the prayer roll of the St George Temple...hang in there!