Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sweet Sixteen.

Happy Birthday to my beautiful Lina.


My girl likes ice cream, so for this special birthday, she got an ice cream cake.



My girl also likes socks. She was happy with this bunch of colorful goodness. Especially since she picked them out.

I learned a long time ago not to choose her socks for her. She is picky when it comes to socks.



I did pick out some boots for her, though. I was 99.9% sure we would have to return them, but guess what? She likes them!!!



My beautiful girl right before she left for school this morning.



I love you Lina. Thanks for coming into our family 16 years ago today.

I remember the day you were born as if it were yesterday.

Dad and I woke up very early the day you were born. You were coming on your due date. The doctors wanted you here and they wanted you here safely. Because of Scott's problems with critically low platelets, they weren't taking any chances with you. We were being induced.

They did a platelet blood draw - like an amniocentesis only instead of drawing amniotic fluid, they go in and draw blood from the baby's umbilical chord - on the 15th. I think that was the third one they did with you. Your platelet level was normal so they said come back tomorrow morning and have your baby.

On the 16th we took Lauren and Scotty over to Grandma's house next door. We left for the hospital and seven hours later you were here.

You were my first birth with an epidural. Sooooooooo lovely.

Grandma and Aunt Missy and Scott and Lauren came that afternoon to see our newest little baby. It was magical and we were all in love with you.


You held a special place in Grandma's heart. Maybe because you were born on Grandpa's birthday. Maybe because you were a little stubborn and she loved to see your little personality. Maybe because you loved her and comforted her during her chemotherapy.

I am glad you were here to help bring some happiness into her life at that very difficult time.



You slept constantly the first two weeks of your life. I was worried something was wrong with you. I should have just enjoyed it because after that it seems like you never slept again. :)

You had a rough first year. You cried ALOT. You were colicky. You had a floppy trachea. You coughed like an 80 year old man. You had a bout with RSV. You didn't nap longer than 15 minutes and you really didn't sleep too well at night, either. You were clingy and wouldn't let me put you down. When your Dad was home (which wasn't very often because he was called as the Bishop when you were 6 months old) you would have nothing to do with me because you only wanted him. I was grateful for the break. :)

But you know what? I would do it all over again. You are my Sweet Caroline. I love you more than words can express.

You have become an incredibly talented young lady with a strong testimony and a desire to do what is right. You make us laugh and bring so much happiness to our family. Thanks for being our #3.



I hope you have a lovely sixteenth birthday. You are my special, special girl.

Love,
Mom
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kenr said...

Well said honey! I add my feelings of love to yours and feel so blessed to have Caroline in our eternal family!

shannon said...

Holy cow! Am I ever behind! I've been such a delinquent member of the blogosphere, both as a blogger and a reader. Boy is there a lot to catch up on in your family! 16 year-olds, health reports, and WHAT a grandbaby! Wow! Congratulations!

The Roundy's said...

Wow, Caroline already looks ten years older! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Wow, so pretty!