For the sake of my posterity, however, who may come down with some strange skin issues, I write this for you to save you grief in finding out what your problems are.
The biopsies came back from my skin rash.
I have something called Darier's disease. If you look it up on the Internet, it sounds worse than what I am experiencing. Thank heavens.
Anyway, Caroline says it is very important - VERY IMPORTANT - to always say it is a NON-CONTAGIOUS skin disease.
I guess it grosses her out, and quite frankly, I completely understand.
And since no post is as interesting if there isn't a photo attached, here is my Sweet Caroline who will turn 16 next week!
Anyway, back to my skin.
Evidently Darier's disease is a very rare skin problem and I seem to have an even rarer form where it only affects the left side of my body. See Caroline, even I can't catch it on my right side. :)
Unfortunately, though, it is inherited (even though I have no recollection of any of my parents or grandparents ever having a weird rash) so I write this for my children and grandchildren.
What does this have to do with anything? Well, I don't really know, but when the Dermatologist called me he said that sometimes people with this skin problem sometimes have kidney problems.
I told him I have had alot of urinary tract infections as well as kidney infections in the last few years. He asked if anyone was following up on those.
"Not really," I said.
Yes? No? Maybe? Who knows.
So I called the Internist and he said I should come in and have another urine test just to make sure there was no protein (like there had been a few months ago).
Well, there wasn't any protein, but I do have another UTI. Really? REALLY?
No wonder my back is KILLING me.
Oh well, maybe we are on to something. Maybe not. I can only hope.
And, for those of you who saw me at church Sunday walking like I was 200 years old, I am glad to report that I really am not completely "loony tunes" I just had a really bad pain in my lower back.
And now we know why.

3 comments:
I am glad to know something that is wrong, at least! I am anxious for them to send us to a urologist!
I love you! Kenr
What the....?! Why did you post that picture???!
I love that picture!
Post a Comment