Thursday, January 13, 2011

Colombia. . . COLOMBIA?



I can honestly say that in the nearly 19 years that I have been Scott's mother, I have never, not once, I MEAN NEVER, thought he would go to the Colombia Bogota North mission.


Some of the fun "guesses" we had last night before he opened his call were:

Farmington, New Mexico
China
Cleveland
North Pole (by our four year old nephew Brett)
Peru (Caroline guessed Peru and she was the closest!)
Russia
Alabama
London
etc., etc.

None of us ever even thought about Colombia. We didn't even think they sent American missionaries there anymore. Shows how much we know.



We are all very excited. I am a little nervous. I have heard stories about Colombia from his father who went to the same place. :)


I know Scott will be fine, though.

I know this is the mission he is supposed to go to even though it doesn't seem possible. Tender mercies have been given for this knowledge and for that, I am eternally grateful.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kenr said...

That is a great picture of Scott, our new missionary!