Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Year. . . Resolutions, Goals, and No Mission Call This Week.

I am not good at making New Years Resolutions. I don't make them anymore. I don't care and I don't feel guilty about it.

It's nice, really, not to feel guilty about at least one thing.


Oftentimes as a Mother, though, I do feel guilty. It's a hard job, you know, being a Mom. I make lots of mistakes and sometimes I am not the best example.

Here is a perfect little story of how my kids watch and learn both good and not so good things from me.



To set the stage, I will just say that I had two more Doctors visits today.

It meant we had to pick Margaret up a little early from school to make it all work.

The problem? Marg hates to be checked out early from school.

The girl loves school. What can I say?




Anyway, Kenneth went in and checked her out. We were both a little nervous about her reaction. :)

I was getting ready for the complaints as soon as Marg got in the car, but she came out happy. Marg was happy. REALLY happy.


I said to Marg, "Were you surprised we checked you out?"

"Yes," she said with a big smiile.

"You aren't upset?" I asked.

"No, we were doing something I didn't like".

"Oh," I said. "Well, that's good. What were you doing?"

"Setting goals," she said.

"Oh," I said, and then had a good laugh.


Yep, the girl is like her Mother.

I guess I will have to be a little bit better about my attitude towards goal setting. :)



In other news:

Scott's Mission Call was NOT made last week so we will have to wait until next Wednesday for the "big white envelope." We knew the call letter hadn't been sent because Kenneth gets notice when they are ready to go.

The paper work is there and there are no "hang-ups," the Missionary Department just had a busy week with the holidays and everything.

I am nervous and excited to find out where my boy will be going!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Roundy's said...

I can't wait either! It will be so fun to find out where he is going!!!

Kenr said...

This is an incredible capture of our family history. Margaret was so funny when she told us she didn't like setting goals. There must be something mechanical and boring about it at school that makes it bad. Margaret never ceases to amaze us with her one liners!!