Thursday, February 10, 2011

Someone Said The Third Week Was Tough. I Believe Them.

Maybe it's because after doing two weeks of absolutely nothing you feel like you should be better.

Maybe it's because everyone thinks you should be doing better so they get back to their own lives and figure you can help them now.

Maybe it's because my eight year old has been running a fever since Sunday. However, we are doing a fairly good job of taking care of each other. Fairly good. I get her Popsicles and Tylenol and she gets me the computer and anything that is over 10 pounds.




Maybe it's because this is just a HARD thing to recover from. The recovery is sooooooo sloooooow. That's the worst part. My six and a half inch incision is healing nicely. It's the hundreds of internal stitches that I have to be careful not to pop open.


I am praying, praying, and praying some more that I don't get Marg's cold and cough. Coughing HURTS. Having a real cough where you have to clear out your lungs would be. . . well. . . not fun.


Thanks for letting me "vent." I feel better now.




In other news. . .

Did anyone see American Idol last night and the girl from Colombia and the piece they did on her and her family and how they escaped from Colombia because it was so dangerous and the guerrillas (not animals, but people with machine guns) were horrible and no one was safe and all the Dad could say was how it was complete horror. Just horror.

ummmmm. That is where Scott is going.


Did anyone see Good Morning America today where they had a report about imported flowers and how most of them come from Colombia but they have to inspect the flowers as soon as they get here to America because they come with nasty insects and other things that could ruin our own flower crops and food supply?

ummmmm. That is where Scott is going.


I am so not making this up!

At least the Colombian family escaped in the 90's when things were really bad. Things are supposed to be better now.


ummmmm. I sure hope so.



Scott:

I know I have said this before, and I know I will probably say it again.

O. K., I will say it again and again and again. :)
Here it goes. . .

Follow the Mission Rules and never give in and you will be safe.

This I know.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Kenr said...

I feel so sad when Margaret is sick! Thanks for posting her picture. I am not worried about Scott's call to Colombia at all! I have been there and I know the Lord will bless him! I love your posts!

Jenny said...

so sorry you are still in recovery...SLOW is definitely the word for it, but you are doing great and poor Marg. I hope she feels better soon.
Ummmm. ya. I saw American Idol.
I saw that about Columbia, but didn't know if you did. YIKES! But just remember, they wouldn't have him where it wasn't safe and he is a good boy and will keep the rules. He will be fine...just breathe deep;)
I Love you!

Jenny said...

oh, was wondering if I should let you get your hopes up for recovery, or if I should just tell you what you should post in a couple of months....headline...."Someone said The 12th Week Was Tough. I Believe Them."
hahahahahahahahahaaha
sorry, I couldn't resist, LOL
just keep making everyone help you, you will feel crazy and lazy, but you have to take it slow or it will take longer!! love you!

Tabby Grey said...

yes, Jenny, you are right. I don't want to hear that. :) How come Mom seemed to breeze through it? Was it because Grandma came and took care of everything for a few weeks? Was it because I was a dumb kid and didn't realize she needed help? Yeah, probably both.

shannon said...

Scott will be fine. It's mom's job to worry, but he will be completely fine! Hope your recovery picks up some speed. Having had five major abdominal surgeries in my life, I can relate. It will get better! My mom had a hysterectomy three years ago and she said the first three weeks were rough, but that by week 6 she was feeling more or less normal and back in the swing of things. Jenny is right, take it easy! My mom was good about this, spent the entire time doing nothing (mostly reading) sitting in a recliner. Sending all our love!

Tabby Grey said...

Thanks Shannon! Did you have all your kids c-section or was it just Dallin? I now have such empathy for women who have had c-sections!!!

shannon said...

I had three c-sections, one major surgery on my bladder and an appendectomy (the invasive non-laporascopic variety). Hope you're doing a bit better! xx