Monday, June 27, 2011

"It Will Rock Your World". . . I Said To My Girls.

What is IT, you might ask?

Well, as we were checking out of Wal-Mart a package of THIS was just sitting there. (disregard the HUGE ice cream in Marg's hand.)
 

Yep. Jiffy Pop Popcorn. I asked the girls if they had ever had this kind of popcorn before.

"No," they said.

"Well," I said, "today is your lucky day. Let's go home and make it. It will rock your world. This is the kind of popcorn we had as a kid - if we were lucky and our Moms would buy it for us."


All I can say is that evidently what use to excite us in the 70's really isn't that exciting anymore.

Just take a look at Caroline's face.

 

The girls were not impressed.



I suppose they are use to watching their popcorn explode in the microwave.


I don't know.

At least I tried.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jenny said...

ahahahahahaha! I can vividly remember BEGGING mom to buy some Jiffy pop at Alpha Beta...she didn't. It was so cool..."anybody who was anybody had jiffy pop" hehe
you said it, at least you tried. I don't think my kids would be impressed either. :) love you

Hawkley Family said...

Maybe try it on a camp out. We did once and the kids thought it was pretty cool there. No microwave, so it was better than nothing. haha