Because I always seem to "tear up" at some point.
Usually it's during the Pledge of Allegiance.
But, the last time was a few weeks ago during the fourth grade Utah program.
Marg dressed up like an Indian.
The kids sang about Utah.
They sang about Pioneers.
They sang about Brigham Young.
And I started to tear up.
I was overwhelmed by how grateful I was that they were allowed to sing about these things in a public school. I think that is quite rare now days.
I was grateful that I have "Utah" children.
AND I was ashamed that earlier in my uninformed life I swore I would never have "Utah" children. I had the wrong idea of what Utah kids were like. I think most members of the Church who are raised outside of Utah have that wrong idea. Now I know better.
So, to my good kids who were born here (3 of the 4), and raised here (all 4), I am so grateful for you.
I am grateful for your Utah heritage.
I am grateful for the strength and goodness you have.
Don't ever let anyone make you feel less because you are from Utah.
Stand proud and tall. You have been blessed.
2 comments:
They get their strength from you Edee! Thanks for your testimony of the blessings we enjoy in our lives. I love you.
Oh yea, and Margaret looks so cute in these pictures!
Post a Comment