Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I made it to #7.

Trail marker #7 that is, on Y mountain.




7 out of 13. That's more than half way. That's pretty good for an old lady like me. :)




The fact that I actually attempted to hike up that mountain is really quite amazing.

Me, the person who couldn't even hardly get out of bed a year and a half ago.


This past Friday morning, I honestly thought I was just riding down to Provo with the rest of the family so I could be part of the group. I thought Jenny and I would drop everyone off at the Y trail and then Jenny and I were going to walk around the bookstore while the kids went up the mountain with Kenneth.

But, in the car on the way down to Provo, Jenny said she wanted to go, and then the peer pressure from my kids (the worst kind of peer pressure, actually) started and I said, "OKAY, I will see how far I get, but that's it."

Besides, my totally DELUSIONAL husband said, "Edee, it's an easy hike. Just gentle switchbacks on an easy trail. It will only take about 30 minutes."

He is DELUSIONAL I TELL YOU! See that incline behind the kids in the photo below?

Yep. No one thought it was easy and as for 30 minutes? Well, about 2 and a 1/2 hours later we were finally back at the car. :)




Kenneth, the kids, and Aunt Jenny all made it to the top! 


I was so proud of all of them!


I only made it to seven, but I was proud of myself.





Heck, I honestly just about quit before I made it to #1.

I think I could have made it to the top, but I was SERIOUSLY worried about getting down. And while I thought I was going to die on the way up, it actually HURT going down.

I am glad I stopped and waited for the rest of the group.









Sooooo, my new goal???

Make it to the top before Scott gets home.


I can do it, right??? :)

2 comments:

Kenr said...

Yes, Edee. You can do it and I know you will do it!I look forward to taking your picture up on the top! I am proud of you. It was a very fun day!

Jenny said...

YOU WILL!!!!