All summer we wanted to take the girls up to Preston, Idaho, to see where Napoleon Dynamite was filmed.
We finally made it up there on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. Better late than never, right???
Anyway. . .
Just so you know, Caroline, may or may not, be a little obsessed with the movie Napoleon Dynamite. And by obsessed, I mean, she may or may not know EVERY line in the whole show. :)
The girls were excited for our day trip. Preston is only 20 miles north of Logan, so it really isn't that far.
First stop. . .
We really just drove around campus so Caroline could get a feel for what it is like there as she is trying to figure out where she would like to go to college.
Next, we stopped at the Logan Temple to take some pictures.
After a stop at McDonald's for a diet coke for only $1.00 (the best thing McDonald's has ever offered for so little!!!) and some french fries for Marg, we were on our way to Preston.
On the way there we passed the little town of Whitney, Idaho. It's so little, that the only way we knew we were in Whitney was because of this sign.
We decided to go to the cemetery and visit President Benson's grave.
I had always wondered why President Benson had wanted to be buried in Whitney rather than in Salt Lake City with most of the other Prophets of the church.
Now I know why.
It is an absolutely beautiful, small, and peaceful cemetery. Maybe an acre? Maybe two? It is surrounded by a lilac hedge and trees. Yes, I can see why he wanted to be buried there surrounded by his family.
It wasn't really easy to find the cemetery, but I am glad we persevered and were able to see where President Benson is buried. It was well worth the effort.
Part 2 - we finally make it to Preston - coming up soon.
1 comment:
Thanks for posting these pictures! They bring back precious memories of our trip with the girls! I love you.
Post a Comment