Yesterday we had the privilege of meeting a family from Colombia who are in town for conference.
What a special, special experience that was for all of us.
To actually meet somebody who had just been with Scotty a few days ago.
These sweet people are all from Bucaramanga. Scott and Kenneth's "city." Wow.
I didn't speak their language, but that wasn't necessary. I felt their love and great spirits. It was wonderful. A few tears were shed and I wished they could have stayed longer, but they were on their way to St. George. What a wonderful experience!
When they told Elder Raines they were coming to Utah, Elder Raines asked if they could deliver a package to his Dad at the Church Administration Building since they would be on Temple Square anyway. They decided to deliver it to our home which was a treat for all of us.
This is the package.
It is my Christmas present that he has been holding onto since last fall because he had no way of mailing it.
When he first arrived in Colombia 14 months ago, he asked what I would like as far as a Colombian souvenir. I told him a little Colombia Nativity would be nice if he ever came across one, but I also told him not to worry about it. . . Just be a good missionary. . .That's all I wanted.
Evidently, he has been having secret e-mail communication with his Father about this present. :)
In his very first area - Yopal - there was a man in the ward who was an artist. Scott wanted me to have a Nativity that was unique. He had this painting commissioned just for me. It is an original oil painting on canvas and is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
These pictures don't do it justice. In fact, the colors aren't anything near what they are in person. It is stunning.
We find ourselves just sitting in the front room staring at it. We love everything about it.
I am going to take it down to Provo Art and Frame and have them frame it properly.
It will hang year round in our home. A sweet reminder of this special time in our lives when we have a missionary serving from our home. A sweet reminder of a deep bond a father and son now share from having served a mission in the very same mission among the very same people.
It is a treasure from a sweet boy.
2 comments:
Edee, so beautfully written! I love you.
WOW! that is so beautiful and the story behind it one in a million! love you and sweet Scotty bug!
Post a Comment