Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sometimes I Am A Complete IDIOT.

Here is my latest example.

I washed and dried a load of dark clothes and something was in the wash (I think it was a red/cherry chapstick) that left a few stains on a new sweater I had purchased.

I haven't purchased anything for me in like forever so I was disappointed to say the least.

I used Resolve to pre-treat the stains and washed the sweater again.

The stains were still there. It hadn't even touched it.

I used Resolve again, and again, and again.

I washed that sweater AT LEAST three more times. I used different detergents and tried everything I could think of to save my sweater.

Finally, I figured the sweater just couldn't be saved.  I would give it to DI or maybe just throw it away because it had red chapstick stains all over it.


Then. . .

I walked into the laundry room and noticed something I hadn't noticed before.




I had been using the red bottle of resolve because at that time we were out of the green bottle of resolve.

Notice the close up on the red bottle.





Carpet cleaner.

CARPET CLEANER!!!


That's right folks. I was using carpet cleaner on my clothing.


Oh. My. Gosh.

On the next trip to the store, I bought the Spray 'n Wash Resolve meant for clothing in the GREEN bottle and rewashed my sweater.

Guess what?

It came out perfectly clean. No stains.

 It worked great.


I just can't same the same thing for my brain. It doesn't seem to be working lately.


In my defense, though, why are two different products called exactly the same thing???

And. . . the words "carpet cleaner" are small and mixed in with all those Spanish words. Too many Spanish words!


Oh, what's a middle aged woman who can't see up close anymore and who has never been able to see far away to do?


Cry I guess. Just cry. :)



2 comments:

Jenny said...

i am so glad I am not alone.

Jenny said...

sometimes, it's really hard to prove you're not a robot....