Friday, December 7, 2012

West Of The Mississippi.

Did you know there are fewer states west of the Mississippi river than there are east of the Mississippi river?





Yeah, me neither.

At least not until I "stitched" 24 little states up to the Mississippi River line. Weird, since the land out west is so much larger than the land out east.


Now you know. :)


Why am I filling a map of the United States with french knots?  Well, when I made Scott's Christmas stocking with all those french knots, Caroline really liked it and said "ooooohhhhh, you should make me a whole blanket with just french knots." Well, I'm not that stupid, but the wheels did start turning in my head and I wondered what I could make for her for her 18th birthday.

The girl loves any sort of map of the U. S. A. so I decided to just go for it. It is probably only about 8 inches by 10 inches - not very big, but she likes it and is excited for me to finally finish it so we can take it to be framed.

I am stitching those states as fast as my little fingers will let me.


Thanks Caroline for being patient. It is taking a lot longer than I thought it would, but I am so enjoying making it for you.

1 comment:

Kenr said...

This is beautiful Edee! I am proud of you. I had no idea there were fewer states west than east of the Mississippi River! I love you.