Dearest Elder Raines,
Today is your 21st birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, son!
I know you won't read this post for another few months until you have returned home, but I wanted you to know that we are thinking and praying for you today, as always, but especially today on your Birthday.
I love this picture of you standing there in your white long sleeved shirt with your Dad's tie and your hands in your pockets. You are standing exactly how your Dad stands when his coat is off and he is relaxing a little at home. It makes my heart so happy to see and feel the happiness that is radiating from you in this picture.
I couldn't be more proud of you, Elder Raines. You have and will continue to be a wonderful missionary. I know you have put your whole heart and soul into the work of the Lord, and I am truly grateful for you and your example. I know it hasn't been easy. I know most days your stomach is sick and acting up, but you have never given up. You have only worked harder.
I know you have had tremendous faith in the blessing you received early in your mission by your companion when you were blessed to be able to work all the days of your mission. What a wonderful blessing it is to know that the Lord has carried your through many of those days and you have done just that - worked hard every day. I know the Lord has blessed you and watched over you while you have been on your mission. I am and always will be eternally grateful for that knowledge.
Hang in there, Elder!
I hope you are having a great day, today, on your Golden Birthday - 21 on the 21st!
Don't ever forget how much we all love you!
Love,
Mama
1 comment:
Edee this is very special. You should e-mail this to him so he can read it sooner. I love you.
Post a Comment