I don't really hate it. This last one was just particularly stressful and not too fun. I shouldn't have vented like that. :)
There were a few fun aspects of the day. I love watching Marg get so excited about it. There is nothing quite like an Elementary School Valentine's Day party. She made me promise, and "cross my heart hope to die stick a needle in my eye" that I would NOT check her out early that day. I promised. It's not like I check her out all the time, but she reminded me that she did miss the Christmas party when we had to go to St. George in December and she was determined not to miss this party!
There were other fun things, too.
Take for instance our little Wolf Den.
We made Valentine's for their Moms which they promptly told us that "we have already made Valentine's for our Moms. Ugh!" But we made them make another one. ha!
They had fun and it was interesting to see how individual their creative brains worked.
Some were very methodical with exact spacing between their tissue paper "petals".
Some just hap-hazardly put their petals around the heart.
Some traced their heart with their petals very carefully.
And some attempted to fill in the whole heart starting with the bottom.
It was interesting to watch how they created their masterpieces and I think they all turned out beautiful!
They are sweet boys - with LOTS of energy - but it is very fun for me to be a little part of their scouting experience.
No, I don't hate Valentine's day.
Who says you have to celebrate it on the 14th anyway? Today Kenneth and I will try to go out to lunch together or maybe we will just make it to Walmart together. Who knows?
Just as long as I am with him, I will be happy.
1 comment:
Edee, you are so sweet! I think Valentine's Day would be better if I made it better for you! I love you.
Post a Comment