Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Following In Some Pretty Impressive Footsteps.

It's official. Caroline will be attending BYU-Idaho!

She has told them she is coming, she has paid her first deposit for housing, and she is so, so, so very excited.

She has known for quite a while that BYU-Idaho was the place for her. Now it's a reality.


Caroline's Senior Picture


I do realize that because I have two children who are already grown and in their 20's, that it shouldn't be that big of a deal for me to be ready to let another child of mine leave home. BUT IT IS! It is so hard for me. I do NOT like this part of parenting. . . the letting go part. But I must accept it.


I am so very proud of Caroline. She has worked hard her entire life and is becoming a beautiful woman and I am blessed to be able to call her my daughter.

She will start classes in September and will be on the Fall/Spring track. I am glad. I think she would freeze to death if she was in Rexburg in January. She practically freezes to death right here in our nice little warm house - even in the summer time. The poor thing is always cold!


Both her Grandmother Hawkley and her Aunt Missy graduated from Ricks college (before it was BYU-I) in the nursing program.


Aunt Linda, Grandma Hawkley and Grandpa Hawkley on Grandma's graduation day - 1958.


Aunt Missy on her graduation day - 1986


Caroline isn't sure if she will go into nursing, but she is thinking about it. Maybe nursing, maybe biology. Who knows? It doesn't really matter as long as she enjoys her time there. She has plenty of time to decide and whatever she decides to do she will be great at it.

One thing I do know, though, is that she comes from a long line of tough, courageous women.

She is going back to Southeastern Idaho where it all began for the Hawkley family when they joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and moved to this country.

She is going home.

And I couldn't be prouder.

3 comments:

Kenr said...

Dear Edee, you are so elequent. I love what you have written about Caroline and our family heritage. I am proud of her too, and I am proud of you for being such a wonderful mother. Caroline will do very well in Idaho and I can't be more proud of her and her accomplishments! I am glad you posted this beautiful picture our Sweet Caroline!

Sweet Caroline said...

Haha thanks mom. Don't worry you will be seeing plenty of me :) I'm not going to be THAT far away.

Hawkley Family said...

That is wonderful!!!!! So happy for her. She is going to LOVE it!