For some reason (I am pretty sure we weren't doing it at the right time and we didn't care and we just wanted to get it done and we thought it wouldn't really matter, etc. etc.) we didn't remove the tile on the front living room window. Dumb, I know.
After years and years of looking at it, I couldn't take it any longer. Obviously Kenneth couldn't take me complaining about it anymore so on Saturday he gave in and started knocking it out.
I was also starting to become a bit "unglued" at the sight of our walls with all the patched nail holes.
I was loosing it and no matter what, we were going to start to do something about this mess of a living room!
Besides, we didn't have anything else to do last Saturday, except take 6 Cub Scouts to Lowe's (Kenneth went with me because my partner had to work) for their Build and Grow workshop, take a sick girl to instacare, grocery shop, clean the rest of the messy house, prepare for a ward conference the next day. . . ha!
The walls have pretty much looked like this since September. Whenever anyone would come over, I would just say, "sorry, we are trying to get ready to paint."
Many visitors must have begun to wonder because a piano mom said to me yesterday, "oh, you are FINALLY painting!"
Anyway,
as soon as the tile was knocked out and the new board put in place, I knew it would be worth it.
Ahhhhh, it calmed me right down. It looked good and progress was being made.
PROGRESS WAS BEING MADE! Oh, that makes me so happy!
We are now in the process of painting. Coat #1 is all finished. I did all of the prep work - taping, painting around the edges and trim, etc. and left the rolling of the paint onto the walls for Kenneth. He's stronger and does a better job at that.
Granted, my timing isn't too good. This is probably one of the busiest weeks we have had in a long time, but my husband is so good, as he rolled that primer coat on the walls on Monday night at 11:30 and then last night after his Tuesday meetings, he got home at 10:00 and rolled on the first coat of paint.
I don't deserve him, really I don't. But then again, I realized I have been waiting since September for this to be done. I guess he is lucky that I am somewhat patient. Somewhat being the key word. :)
We are taking a few days break from the painting and will try and get the final coat of paint finished on Saturday.
Here it is with one coat of paint. I pretty much love it. It looks sooooooo much better.
Now, I just need to work on:
making a slip cover for the ugly couch
finding a way to win the lottery so we can replace the carpet
figure out what sort of curtains I want in that room (do I want curtains? I don't know. I have only lived in this house for 19 years now and I still can't figure out if I want curtains or not)
figure out how to put a plank wall treatment along the back wall
figure out a way to make it look homey and warm
figure out a million other little things
etc., etc., etc.
Yep, the list never ends and I can never make up my mind.
A bad combination to be sure.
1 comment:
Thank you for posting these pictures Edee. It is terrible I have let it go on this long. You get the award for the most patient wife! I am glad you like the color. It feels good to have clean walls again. I love you. Thank you for your patience and encouragement. Kenr
Post a Comment