Monday, February 4, 2013

I Have A Thing About Flags.

I like them. I kind-of even love them. I think flags are a cool representation of something that is important.


So, with that in mind, I thought it might be fun to make a flag for our little Wolf Den.

I knew it needed to be simple.

I also knew that I have no ability to actually design. BUT. . . I can copy fairly well, so after lots of searching for pictures of cub scout flags on the internet and on pinterest, this is what I came up with.




It's made out of heavy canvas and I love it.



At our last den meeting, we had the boys trace one of their hands onto yellow felt and write their names on top. We then cut them out and I sewed them on.




A fun flag for 8 year old boys!

The hands are sewn on with a large basting stitch so they can easily be taken off when each boy advances to the Bear Den. We also left room for additional hand prints that we will need to add from those boys who will be joining our Den later this year.



Now, if I can just get Kenr to help me attach it to a pole, we will be all set!

2 comments:

Kenr said...

Edee, I love this flag. I wish I were a boy in your den. It builds such unity among the boys and give them a sense of belonging. You can't teach that. It has to be experienced, and this flag will accomplish that for the boys! What a miracle. Out of small things are brought about that which is great!
I love you.
Kenr

connie said...

Very nice!! You are very creative in my book