Marg and Caroline have been so sick.
Caroline had it first. Fever, aches, terrible cough and a throat that looked like raw hamburger meat. Gross, I know. And. . . it lasted forever! She missed 7 days of school, so throw in the weekends, and she really was down for a long time.
I took her to the doctor several times. They tested her for strep, influenza, mono, and a million other things. The tests all came back negative.
She was so miserable she couldn't eat or swallow anything. They finally gave her Lortab to ease the pain. It wasn't easy to get down, but after seven days of pure misery she finally had some relief. Lortab!
Oh yeah, and they decided she was so bad they should start her on an antibiotic just in case. Yep. 24 hours later, she was feeling better and had some hope that she actually might live. Thank Heaven for modern medicine!
Then Marg came down with it.
Lillie comforting Aunt Marg while watching t.v. These two are inseperable.
As much as we tried to keep them apart, we just finally gave up and let them be with each other.
I took her to the doctor and said, "Well, we're back. Now Marg has it."
The doctor looked her over and gave Marg a prescription for an antibiotic, too, just in case. And once again, 24 hours later she looked like she was going to make it. I was so grateful they tried the antibiotic - just in case.
It took a few more days for both of them to get their strength back. Whatever they had REALLY wiped them out, but they are doing so much better now.
The doctor said, "When most kids come in here, they don't necessarily look sick, but your girls look TERRIBLE." :)
Oh, the poor things!
Amazingly enough, the rest of us haven't come down with it (knock on wood). Not even Lillie. We are tremendously grateful for that.
Here's hoping that our luck holds out and we have a healthy spring!
1 comment:
I don't know if Caroline has ever been so sick! Margaret was hit pretty hard too, and missed a week of school. I felt so badly for both of them.
Post a Comment