When we got home after the graduation, this sign was waiting for Lina. Lauren had made it while we were gone. Yes, Lauren, who just had a c-section 5 days ago. Honestly, I have the best kids!
I don't know who is more relieved that Caroline has actually graduated. . .Caroline or me? :) And I don't mean for my sake, I mean for Caroline's sake.
This good girl of mine has only enjoyed two out of her twelve years of school, and those were clear back in the 5th and 6th grades! I believe she is an "old soul" and the drama of Jr. High and High School, well, it just wasn't for her.
But she didn't give up and she didn't give in. She excelled even though it wasn't fun and for that I am proud of her. She graduated with honors and is now ready to move on to bigger and better things and for her, that is college.
She can hardly wait to get to BYU-I.
I am going to miss her!
Enjoy a few pictures of her day.
My favorite quote from the day is when the principal said. . . "It's not hard to graduate from High School. It really isn't."
I laughed out loud. That is SO true!!!
You just have to show up and do your assignments. That's it. And if you can do that, you have a pretty good foundation for the rest of your life.
Good job, Lina!
We are very proud of you!
1 comment:
Edee, this brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for your thoughts and posting these wonderful pictures. You took some very good pictures. I especially love the one of Caroline and her little sister Margaret! Margaret looks up to her big sisters and loves them both.
Post a Comment